Tuesday, March 1, 2011

beach trip -- thursday

This past weekend, we surprised my parents with a couple days away with the family. I had given them a card the beginning of February and told them their children were giving them a couple days vacation in St. Augustine. What they didn't know was they weren't going to be the only ones there. I had told my parents a time that they needed to be at the hotel and most of my siblings were already there prior to that time. We were in a room that we had reserved for the evening and we had the hotel employ bring them in the room once they arrived. The looks on their faces was priceless!

We had the kids hiding under the tables and they all popped out when Mom and Dad came in. 



After the surprise we all went out to the beach to watch the shuttle...


Then we returned to the banquet room for a wonderful meal from Sonny's. After the meal, Mom and Dad shared the story of how they met and got married. We also let the kids ask questions and quite a few adults had questions as well. The kids questions were funny and the adults prompted some good conversation. I'm very thankful for the parents that the Lord has given me and for their 40 years together. They have been a wonderful example of a godly couple seeking to do God's will. I'm also thankful for all the children the Lord blessed them with and their willingness to raise all of us.

4 comments:

Morgan Family said...

That sure was ALLOT of fun! I'm so glad it all worked out!

Anna~

The Anders said...

So many fun memories! Love the pictures of them and the kids all loving on them.

Patrick and Hannah Walsh said...

Def one of the best, if not the best, time our family has had all being together. Such a blast, and wish we could do this every year. SOOOOO much fun we all had. Great pics!

Unknown said...

The picture of Mom is priceless!! Such great pictures of the fun times we had... I think we, and most our kids will remember that forever.